My mentor, coworker, and friend Ei-Nyung Choi at The Browser Company shared with us a free conference that’s happening today called Girl Geek X: Elevate!
The schedule looks SO good:
- Morning Keynote: Decision-Making at Scale
- Let Them Shine: A Different Approach to Hiring
- Riding the Highs & Lows: Navigating Bad Mental Health Days at Work
- Launching & Leading Cross-Functional Initiatives as an Engineer
- Transitioning From IC to Manager, and How To Do Leadership If Management is Not For You
- Become the Role Model You Wish You Had
- You’re A Sales What? Life as a Sales Engineer
- AWS, GraphQL with Apollo-Vuejs: Simple Technologies that Help Deliver Enterprise-Grade Applications
- Striving to Build a Happier Workplace
- Your Ableism is Showing: How You’re Missing the Mark By Not Including Accessible Practices
- It’s A Hot Job Market. Do You Stay or Do You Leave?
- How To #HumbleBrag Effectively
- Why Knowledge is the Future of Data
- Cryptocurrency for Economic Justice
It’s about to start in a few minutes! I’m going to ATTEMPT to live-blog some of the talks I attend, which I have never done before and might be a massive failure lol. But let’s try new things! ✨ I’ll link my notes back to this post as I write them!
EDIT: LOL I keep getting the name wrong, GIRL then GEEK! Live-blogging off to a great start 😂